Sony projectors are some of the best in the market, and they give you a lot of flexibility. That is why they have a lot of passionate users. Even though they are a popular option, they still tend to have a few problems here and there. One of the more common issues is the lamp hours. In this blog, I will show you how to reset lamp hours on Sony projector.
- Why the lamp hours on your projector might be inaccurate.
- Pros to reset lamp horses on Sony projector
- When should we reset lamp hours on sony projector
- How to Reset Lamp hours on Sony Projector? Step by step guide
- Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector Remote
- Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector with software
- Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector with an external hard drive.
Why the lamp hours on your projector might be inaccurate.
Every projector has a timer that counts how long the lamp has been on. When the timer reaches a certain number of hours, the lamp is considered used up and will need to be replaced. As you might guess, the information the timer is providing is based on the date and time when the projector was manufactured.
This means that if you change your time, the timer will also change. Unfortunately, this will reset the hours. The only way to set the timer back to zero hours is to replace the lamp.
You might also like this: How To Reset NEC Projector Lamp Without Remote
Pros to reset lamp horses on Sony projector
There are several advantages to resetting the lamp hours on a Sony projector.
- it can extend the life of the projector’s lamp.
- it can improve the projector’s overall performance.
- it can help prevent premature wear and tear on the projector.
- it can give the projector’s users a sense of satisfaction and ownership.
When should we reset lamp hours on sony projector
There are a few different scenarios in which you might need to reset the lamp hours on your Sony projector.
- One is if you’ve just replaced the projector’s lamp; in this case, you’ll need to reset the lamp hours counter so that it accurately reflects the new lamp’s lifespan.
- Another scenario is if you’ve been using your projector for a while and the lamp hours counter has become inaccurate; in this case, you can reset the counter to get a more accurate estimate of how much life your projector’s lamp has left.
- Finally, if you’re troubleshooting a projector problem and you think the lamp hour counter might be the culprit, resetting it may help solve the issue.
How to Reset Lamp hours on Sony Projector? Step by step guide
- There are many users who are not aware of resetting the lamp hours of Sony Projector. People can reset their lamp hours by following these steps
- Step 1: First of all, you need to turn ON the Sony Projector and then pull ON the lamp ON/OFF button
- Step 2: When the lamp blinks after ON/OFF button pressed, you need to press the button displaying “ERR”
- Step 3: After that, you need to release all three buttons on the remote control
- Step 4: When you release the buttons, the lamp will display the hours, minutes
Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector Remote
To reset the lamp hours on your Sony projector remote, first make sure that the projector is turned off. Next, press and hold the “Reset” button on the remote for three seconds. The lamp hours will then be reset to zero.
Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector with software
If your Sony projector is displaying the message “LAMP HOURS RESET” or “LAMP HOURS SET”, it means the projector is not receiving a lamp hour signal from the computer. This can be caused by a number of things, including a bad cable connection or a problem with the projector’s software.
To reset the lamp hours on your projector, you will need to connect it to a computer and run the Sony Projector Reset Tool.This tool is available for free on the Sony website. Once you have downloaded and installed the tool, follow the instructions on the screen to reset the lamp hours on your projector. Watch this video.
Resetting lamp hours on Sony Projector with an external hard drive.
If you need to reset the lamp hours on your Sony projector, you can do so by connecting an external hard drive to the projector. Once the hard drive is connected, you’ll need to navigate to the “Settings” menu on the projector and select the “Reset” option. This will reset the projector’s lamp hours back to zero, and you’ll be able to start using it again.
Also for you : Why sony projector blinking green light – How to fix it
Also for you : How To Unlock BenQ Projector?
If you want to reset the lamp hour counter on your Sony projector, then the following steps will help you do this. Please note that the procedure can be different on some models, so you might need to do some research to find out how to reset lamp hours on Sony projector your specific model. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us anytime below and we’ll be more than happy to assist you with your concern,